Brand new mix by James Lavelle
The man behind Mo’ Wax and UNKLE has just put together a new and long DJ mix, the first in a new series.
Here’s James Lavelle latest delivery : a 2h30 exclusive mix for Hypetrak, entitled Living in my Headphones pt 1 ‘A Night’s Interlude’.
This one has been made with the help of Charlie May, with whom he has recently produced a nice remix for Lana Del Rey (check it).
Guess what? It includes the usual vocals from UNKLE’s Reign and Lonely Soul, 2 of a few tunes James can’t live without, plus other tracks that are in almost every of his mixes from the past 6 years.
The mix itself is quite good, well worth a listen and well suited for an afternoon at work. I’m just disappointed by the not so exclusive tracklisting. Always a pleasure to hear La Funk Mob though!
Here are James’ words about this mix :
Starting the new year I thought it would be good to finally drop a new DJ mix as its been a while. Whilst the band is taking a break I have been getting back to basics and starting to DJ again and work on some more electronic tracks and remixes. Living In My Headphones is the new title of a series I will continue for the foreseeable future with this being the first. As it’s been a while since I have done a mix I wanted to provide a soundtrack to my DJing both past and present with numerous exclusives, edits and remixes, some tracks from past mixes in new forms, classics and new brand new music. Being 2 and a half hours it is also very reflective of a live club DJ set, not split into different parts but as one continuous set and how I like to play out. I hope you can enjoy it both subtly as a soundtrack to your day or night, in headphones or cranked up as if you were right there with me in a club.
Check out the original post on Hypetrak here
- Intro (Excerpt from ‘Erebus’ feat Emiliana Torrini & Philip Sheppard. Music by James Lavelle)
- La Funk Mob – Motorbass Get Phunked Up (James Lavelle & Charlie May Edit)
- Noel Gallagher – AKA…What A Life? (James Lavelle & Charlie May Edit)
- The Naked And Famous – The Sun (UNKLE Sounds Re-edit)
- Ben Pearce – What I Might Do
- Ame, Henrik Schwarz, Dixon – D.P.O.M.D. (Ame Live Version)
- Osunlade – Envision (Ame Live Version)
- UNKLE – Rabbit In Your Headlights (King Unique Remix)
- Luis Junior – Athens
- UNKLE – Lonely Soul (A Cappella)
- Layo & Bushwacka – The Big Dream (Original Mix)
- Layo & Bushwacka – The Big Dream (Martin Buttrich Remix)
- Booka Shade – Tomorrow Belongs To Us (Club Mix)
- Carl Craig – For My Peeps (Dubfire Rework)
- Solomun – Dead Man (Original Mix)
- Loco Dice – Definition (Nic Fanculli Remix)
- Radioslave – Grindhouse (Nic Fanculli Remix)
- Thomas Schumacher – Fangbanger
- UNKLE – Reign (King Unique Remix + UNKLE Sounds Edit)
- Ame, Henrik Schwarz, Dixon – Where We At (Ame Live Version)
- Lana Del Rey – Ride (James Lavelle Remix Lyla’s Surprise)
- Carl Craig – At Les (Christian Smith’s Tronic Treatment Remix)
- UNKLE – Follow Me Down / Heavy Drug (Fergie Remix) (UNKLE Sounds Edit)
- Nicole Moudaber and Victor Calderone – The Journey Begins
- Four Tet – Angel Echoes (Caribou Remix) (James Lavelle & Charlie May Re-edit)
- Fleetwood Mac – Big Love (Live Acoustic Version)
- Funk D’void – Diabla (Christian Smith Remix)
- Radiohead – Everything In It’s Right Place (Gigamesh Re-edit)
- Mark Knight feat Underworld – Downpipe
- Hot Chip Flutes (Sasha Remix)
- Pachanga Boys – Time
- 3Rone – Parade (Dominik Eulberg Remix)
- Luciano – Rise Of Angel (Mirko, Andrea Olivia and Original Mixes) (James Lavelle & Charlie May Re-edit)
- Marvin Gaye – Mercy Mercy Me (A Cappella)
- Marvin Gaye – What’s Going On (A Cappella)
By the way, James now has his own website : http://www.jameslavelle.co.uk